To save you time getting a logo that’s perfect for you, I’ve done the research and am sharing 3 Best Online Logo Makers.
You don’t want to waste your time with the wrong logo maker only to discover you can’t get the right file format…so start with this list to make sure that your tool will provide everything you need, from design to download.
If you’re feeling creative, try one of these logo makers for yourself! They are free to try – you pay only if you love your logo.
If you do decide to pay, DIY logo makers are generally quite affordable. However, surprisingly enough, you can hire a professional designer to create your band logo for an even lower price. If you’d like to save yourself the trouble of designing your own logo, click here to jump down now and find out how.
Band Logo Makers: Our Top Picks
- Wix Logo Maker – Awesome design flexibility alongside easy preset options to try
- Tailor Brands– Helpful start-up wizard for a super-fast logo design process
- Looka – Creative layouts, backgrounds, and fonts to make your band logo unique
What We Look For in the Best Band Logo Makers
I scoured the internet for logo makers that make the design process easy without sacrificing professional features. The five tools that made this list share several important benefits:
- Unique designs: A generic logo will turn off potential fans. These platforms give you interesting, creative, and unique design options.
- Easy customizations: If you use one of the band logo creators on this list, you won’t have to waste your time trying to learn complicated software.
- Affordable pricing: You’ve spent enough on instruments, mics, monitors, and speakers…so you won’t have to spend a fortune on your new logo.
- Try before you buy: All of these programs are free to try. That means that you can design your logo 100% for free and only pay if you like it.
- Multiple file types: To use your band logo on t-shirts, bumper stickers, drum sets, and social media, you’ll get logo files that scale well on various applications. Some of these platforms even have add-ons for printed merchandise.
As an artist, you likely have some pretty well-developed ideas about what you want your music logo to look like. And Wix Logo Maker is a fantastic AI-powered tool to help you bring those ideas to life.
I like Wix Logo Maker because it gives you great design flexibility. You can take advantage of individual editing tools to make your own creative changes, or you can try out attractive preset options in just one click.
Start designing your logo
What’s your logo for?
How should your logo look & feel?
Do you like these logo designs?
Where do you want to use your logo?
Choose a logo to customize
For instance, you can add a new background to your logo and change its color, shape, outline, and size.
Get Your Logo
Once you’ve finished editing, you can choose an affordable one-time payment to immediately download the files of your choice. Unfortunately, the cheapest plan only offers PNGs, which may work for a small ad or social media post but won’t scale up well for large band posters, t-shirts, or signs.
Nevertheless, I do really like Wix Logo Maker’s many features:
- AI-powered walk-through wizard
- Simple drag-and-drop editor (similar to the Wix website builder)
- Strong editing and customization options
- Huge font selection, with 100+ styles
My recommendation: Wix Logo Maker offers great logo customization tools and affordable one-time payments. Because its editing tools are so versatile, you may need to invest some time in order to make all the small tweaks you want.
Tailor Brands Logo Maker
If you want a faster design process, then Tailor Brands could be the perfect choice for your band logo. Compared to the other AI-powered tools on this list (Wix Logo Maker and Looka), Tailor Brands has a more personalized start-up wizard.
For instance, you can choose your logo style from three different options.
Logo Design Made Simple
Enter Your Industry
Choose Logo Type
If you want an “icon based” band logo, then you’ll love Tailor Brands’ diverse icon library. It offers both abstract and representational icons Tailor Brands has equally awesome imagery for pretty much anything.
A quick search for “music” shows hundreds of eye-catching icons in various styles.
Nonetheless, most users will find the editing tools to be more than sufficient, and many appreciate how quick the design process is. From the editing tabs at left, you can:
- Change fonts (they’re even sorted by style)
- Try new layouts and alignments
- Choose a specific color or preset color palette
- Replace your icon (if you already choose the “icon based” logo style)
One small downside is Tailor Brands’ subscription-only pricing. Sure, you can keep the commercial rights to your logo even after you cancel your subscription…but you’ll still have to remember to cancel it.
My recommendation: Tailor Brands is probably the most beginner-friendly tool on this list. The customization options are more limited, but that can make the design process easier and faster.
One Of The Best Online Logo Makers are Looka with Creative Layouts and Fonts
What type of business are you starting?
Pick 5 or more logos you like
Select up to 2 color styles you like
Select up to 3 colors you like
Tell us about yourself
Search and add up to 5 symbols
Edit your logo
Looka, another AI-based logo maker, is somewhat of a blend between Wix Logo Maker and Tailor Brands. It offers great design flexibility and customization options while still giving you user-friendly, well-curated design options to try.
Compared to the other tools, Looka excels with its really creative design options. In just a click, you can try dozens of preset layouts and background containers, with different combinations of size, color, font, and more.
You can also choose an interesting gradient fill, including metallic looks that can exude either sophistication or kitsch, depending on your band’s vibe.
You can also try out thousands of fonts, categorized by style to help you find the right one fast.
Looka’s fantastic font selection makes it easy to nail down anything from “elegant and retro” to “grungy and aggressive.” After all, a unique font is exactly what made logos from The Beatles, CHVRCHES, and Taylor Swift so successful!
A few more highlights of Looka include:
- Intuitive tools to customize font, color, and background shape
- Ability to duplicate logo designs (great for trying multiple logo versions at once)
- History tab to go backward up to four previous edits
Similar to Wix Logo Maker, the main disadvantage is Looka’s basic plan, which comes with only one full-color PNG file. The upgraded plans, which offer more versatile logo files, are quite a bit pricier.My recommendation: Looka has the most varied and creative array of preset layouts, background containers, and fonts – many of which are very on trend. However, the higher price may make the tool less attractive to bands that are just starting out.